Key Purposes – What are we working towards
- Be a house of PRAYER for the nations
- Bring HEALING in mind, body and spirit
- Be a FAMILY of all nations
- Be a community of TRANSFORMATION
Values – How we do things
- Love – We love God and seek to love each other with a radical acceptance, honouring each person for who they are.
- Worship – We seek to bless God and in doing so have encounters with him that enable us to live lives that show the world the songs that we sing.
- Word and Spirit – We encounter God in His Word and allow the Spirit to apply these truths so that we follow the example of Jesus who gives us the grace to live them out.
- Welcome – we welcome people no matter who they are with open hearts, and open our homes to help them become part of our family.
- Faith – we have confidence in what we hope, exercising faith in order to grow in it.
Short term 1-2 years
- Agree a strategy for improving of our facilities through a feasibility study and survey
- Fundraise for the first phase of development
- Recruit 70% of the electoral roll into Lighthouse groups or similar
- Develop a rhythm of fasting and prayer
- Increase the diversity of leaders
- Develop regular prayer times for healing prayer
- Develop a culture of prayer ministry in Sunday services for empowerment and encounter
- Develop a community café run from St Hugh’s
- Help people identity their gifts through teaching and small group materials
- Increase the number of young people living as disciples of Christ
- Increase the number of leaders through volunteers and/or paid staff
Longer term 2- 5 years
- Begin the first stage of building development
- Grow Lighthouses of 70 people in each geographical area
- Plant 3 Lighthouse groups outside the parish
- People using their gifts to further the kingdom – evidenced in an increased volunteer base
- Run a parish mission
- Launch a fresh expression
- Grow to an average Sunday attendance of 350
Church life is expressed by
- Promoting a lifestyle of mission with a recognition of people’s frontlines
- Lighthouse groups – doing life, worship, discipleship and mission with extended families
- Projects to engage with the community and bless the poor
- Sunday celebrations – celebrating the mission and ministry of the church at work in the world.